The Biddeford Historical Society was chartered by the City of Biddeford to collect and preserve the history of Biddeford in one place and to educate the people of Biddeford in their cultural heritage.
It is now incorporated and seeks to establish, maintain, and conduct a historical and archives society with the purpose of collecting, discovering, procuring, and preserving data, records, objects and landmarks touching the history of the State of Maine and the City of Biddeford.
It uses the collection to educate people in the customs and habits of the past in the City and to preserve and perpetuate the memory of those who, through their labors and heroism, contributed to the history of the State and City.
Selected Biddeford Historical Society images:
- Dressing fish at Biddeford Pool, ca. 1875
- Arthur Danis and boys at work at Pepperell Mill, Biddeford, ca. 1908
- Saco Falls, Saco, ca. 1900
- York Bottling Company bottle, Biddeford, ca. 1950
- Woodworking shop, Biddeford, ca. 1900
- Walter A. Gowen, Biddeford, ca. 1922
- Repair of St. Joseph church steeple, Biddeford, ca. 1917
- Soldiers parade march, Main street, Biddeford, 1917
- Mary C. Cowen Millinery, Biddeford, ca. 1900
- Five Points section at Biddeford, ca. 1900
- First Parish assembly notice, Biddeford, 1800
- Confederate money, 1862